Electronic Equipment Recycling
Many electronic equipment items are accepted for recycling at selected York Region depots.
- Up to four (4) computers and/or monitors per depot visit (e.g. 1 monitor + 2 hard drives + 1 laptop = 4 units). Modems, cables, keyboards, and software are not counted in this limit.
- Up to six (6) units of other electronic equipment per depot visit, including:
- Printers, scanners, electronic games (e.g. Nintendo);
- Telephones, cell phones, answering machines, pagers, fax machines;
- VCRs, DVD players, radios, stereos;
- Cameras, video cameras, automobile "computer" modules;
- Electronic thermostats without mercury.
- Up to two (2) televisions per depot visit. Do not disassemble as they contain hazardous materials.
Items Not Accepted:
- Power tools
- Large and small appliances
- Thermostats with mercury
- Microwave ovens
- VHS tapes
- Electric typewriters
Important Note: Please remove all packaging and batteries before delivering items. Most household batteries, including dry cell, rechargeable, lithium and automotive batteries are accepted at York Region's Household Hazardous Waste Depots.
For more information on York Region's policy, please call 1-877-464-9675 or visit the York Region website .
Links to more information:
Public Drop-Off Depots